TTNEPT/ADK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends, talk, baseball, Yankees, ADK

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joba to start in 2009

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Joba to start in 2009 Empty Joba to start in 2009 Fri 17 Oct 2008, 2:15 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

The Yankees started their organizational meetings yesterday and decided Joba Chamberlain was a starter. And some teammates remember Tom Tresh.

How about this rotation?

CC
Wang
Joba
Moooooose
FA/Pettitte/ Aceves..

https://ttnept.forumotion.com

2Joba to start in 2009 Empty Re: Joba to start in 2009 Fri 17 Oct 2008, 2:17 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

From Peter Abraham's blog:

The Yankees started their two days of organizational meetings in Tampa, Fla., yesterday as members of the baseball operations staff presented their ideas to the ownership group.

"It was a productive day," co-chairperson Hank Steinbrenner told the Associated Press. "We didn't make any decisions today. We just covered all the things we need to fix. Everything is open. We're willing to do anything that will improve us. It was more of a summary and quite a lot of discussion."

Co-chairperson Hal Steinbrenner and senior vice president Felix Lopez were on hand as well, along with team president Randy Levine and chief operating officer Lonn Trost.

General manager Brian Cashman, assistant GM Jean Afterman and farm director Mark Newman attended along with advisors Gene Michael, Reggie Jackson and Tino Martinez.

One decision that was apparently made was to return Joba Chamberlain to the rotation. The 23-year-old right-hander was made a starter in June but returned to the bullpen after missing a month with a shoulder injury suffered in early August.

"The plan as of right now is Chamberlain is going to be a starter," Hank Steinbrenner said. "Everybody's pretty much in agreement with that."

Remembering Tresh: Former Yankees shortstop Tom Tresh, the American League Rookie of the Year in 1962 and a member of three pennant winners and one World Series champion, died in Florida on Wednesday at the age of 71.

"Tommy was a great teammate. He did everything well as a ballplayer and was an easy guy to manage. He was a good man and great friend. We're going to miss him," said Yogi Berra, who played with and managed Tresh.

Tresh spent nine seasons in the majors, hitting .245 but making the All-Star team twice. He and Joe DiMaggio are the only Yankee rookies to start in an All-Star Game.

"He was a heck of a person and a tough ballplayer. He loved people," teammate Moose Skowron said. "He'd always ask me why I was riding him so hard, and I told him I made a promise to his father that I'd always keep him in line. And I did."

Tresh's family will hold a memorial service on Sunday. Central Michigan University, where Tresh played and later worked, has a memorial set for Oct. 24 on campus.

"This hurts," said Joe Pepitone, who played eight seasons with Tresh. "He was my roommate for six years of my life, my hitting instructor and my best friend. He let me be me, but he was also the guy who kept me in at night. Tommy was a constant in my life and a calming influence. He was always there for me and stuck up for me. He was like my brother."

Said Whitey Ford: "Tom was a great teammate. We all loved him and we're sorry that we've lost him. He will be missed."

Extra bases: Andrew Brackman, the team's top pick in the 2007 draft, has fully recovered from elbow surgery and is pitching in the Hawaiian Winter League. Brackman is 1-3 with a 6.14 ERA in four starts. He has struck out 16 in 14 2/3 innings but also walked 11 and allowed 15 hits. ... Phil Hughes has pitched well in two starts in the Arizona Fall League, allowing one earned run over 10 innings.

3Joba to start in 2009 Empty Re: Joba to start in 2009 Sat 18 Oct 2008, 10:56 am

littlelady

littlelady
Red Sox
Red Sox

wait WHAT? i thought he was going to be a reliever!!!!!

4Joba to start in 2009 Empty Re: Joba to start in 2009 Sun 19 Oct 2008, 3:26 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

I thought so too..

5Joba to start in 2009 Empty Re: Joba to start in 2009 Mon 20 Oct 2008, 12:51 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

Well.. MORE Joba- Don't drink and drive Joba!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum