TTNEPT/ADK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends, talk, baseball, Yankees, ADK

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cano nurses sore hand on sidelines

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cano nurses sore hand on sidelines Empty Cano nurses sore hand on sidelines Sat 02 Aug 2008, 11:10 pm

Sarah

Sarah
Admin
Admin

NEW YORK -- Robinson Cano was held out of the Yankees' lineup on Saturday against the Angels, as the second baseman guards a sore left hand that has bothered him since the weekend.
"He's been fighting through it," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "We just felt that giving him a day off and worrying about it tomorrow might be helpful. He was swinging the bat so great and I think this has affected it."
The left hand was especially swollen on Friday, when Cano went 0-for-4 in the Yankees' 1-0 loss in New York. That game included a seventh-inning line drive that struck starter Ervin Santana in the back, but might have actually been more painful for Cano.
"That was the one that really hurt," Cano said.
Cano traces the injury back to Sunday at Fenway Park, when Boston's Jon Lester busted him inside with a cut fastball in his second at-bat. He was wearing a soft wrap to protect the hand and said he would receive treatment from head trainer Gene Monahan on Saturday.
"We're going to give him a day off today and see how it feels tomorrow," Girardi said. "We'll make sure we get him back 100 percent. He's available for us."
While he did not know if X-rays would be order, Cano said he expected to sit on Sunday as well; Wilson Betemit made the start at second base as the Yankees faced Jered Weaver. Cano is batting .344 (21-for-61) in 14 games since the All-Star Break but was 3-for-22 in the five games since he suffered the injury.
"It's frustrating, but I should only be out for a few days, and then I can get back in the game," Cano said.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum