TTNEPT/ADK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends, talk, baseball, Yankees, ADK

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12011 Empty 2011 Thu 21 Jan 2010, 2:05 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

I know it's early, but I feel this deserves discussion NOW.

I feel that we had a small offseason in 2010. Yes, we got Granderson and Vazquez, But we also got Johnson for DH and Gardner for LF. I feel we are going to lose either just Vazquez, or both Pettitte and Javy. We will retain Jeter and Mo

Ok, so we will need a Left fielder to start.
Options?
Carl Crawford
David DeJesus
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Willie Harris
Jason Kubel
Jason Michaels
Manny Ramirez

Out of these choices, I think we'll grab Crawford. With Granderson in center and Crawford in Left, And Crawford batting 2nd behind jeter, I like the way he'll help bring depth to this line up
No chances:
Manny, Kubel, and DeJesus

Catchers:
Options?
Jesus Montero
Joe Mauer.
Ok, I see the infactuation with Mauer, but do you really think he'll leave Minn? I would be greatly shocked if he doesn't have an extention signed by August. He's a Minn boy who was in the Twins orginization. They are increasing their payroll, andhe and Morneau are keys to the Twins, and I think they will retain them both. that leaves the cheaper option Montero. A Miggy Cabrera type bat with Tex and A ROD, for cheap? I say go for it. what will this mean for Posada? Keep reading. Right now, our DH is Nick Johnson. Exactly. I don't like it either, but it's for a season, and he could be a great player off the bench for the 2011 season. I think bringing Montero up will move Posada to DH, and give us this final line up for 2011:

Jeter
Crawford
Tex
A ROD
Montero
Cano
Posada
Swisher
Granderson

Pitching.
This is fun. We have CC, Burnett, Hughes, and JOba under contract for 2011. We could lose Pettitte, Vazquez, or both. I feel we will retain Andy.
Rotation options?
Cliff Lee
Josh Beckett
Dontrel Willis
Matt Cain
Brandon Webb.
Ok. First of all. that right there is a great rotation, don't you think? haha. Ok. Beckett. NO. My main issue with Beckett, is he is talented, yes, but he can be inconsistant. you will either get an ace, or a long reliever from him. Ok, saying that, I like Beckett, always have, but i don't like the team he plays for, and I don't like him for this team. D-Train. he D Train derailed in Florida. they tried to fix it in the Motor City, and he flopped. I have nothing against the Tiger. They are my 3rd favorite team behind the Royals and Yankees. it's not their fault D-Train was a flop for them. Cain is very good, yes, but I think the Giants will do everything they can to keep him, or he will go to the Mets to pitch with Santana, or the M's will try for him. Webb is good, and he'll be cheap, but he'll be headed to one of the Central teams. he'll put up good numbers for that team as their #2/#3 pitcher. Who is left? Cliff Lee. I think Lee will end up leaving the M's, and the M's will go out and repace him with Cain, and Harden, or another duo. No matter what, 2 is better then one right? the M's will have Felix Cain Harden, or Felix Cain Webb at the top of their rotation. that's nasty. That will make them favorites in the West. Back to us, I think we'll grab Lee, and retain Pettitte, giving us 3 lefties.

CC
Lee
Burnett
Pettitte
Hughes.

Pen:
mo
Joba
Melencon
Marte
Robertson
Aceves