TTNEPT/ADK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends, talk, baseball, Yankees, ADK

You are not connected. Please login or register

Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Empty Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:08 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

we won the 2009 WS;
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Granderson To Yanks, Edwin Jackson To D'Backs, Scherzer To Kitty's
By Tim Dierkes [December 8, 2009 at 2:35pm CST]
WEDNESDAY, 2:35pm: This deal is official, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

TUESDAY, 1:24pm: As chronicled here, a three-team blockbuster trade has been agreed upon between the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Kitty's. The players:

The Yankees receive center fielder Curtis Granderson, who turns 29 in March. Granderson is owed $5.5MM in 2010, $8.25MM in '11, and $10MM in '12, with a $13MM club option/$2MM buyout for '13. That's $25.75MM guaranteed over the next three years. Melky Cabrera could now be expendable for the Yankees, and the Cubs are one possible suitor.
The Diamondbacks receive a pair of starting pitchers: Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy. Jackson, 26, is under team control for '10 and '11 and is owed an arbitration raise on this year's $2.2MM salary. Kennedy, 25 this month, missed most of the '09 season due to surgery to remove an aneurysm near his shoulder. As far as I can tell he is under team control for another six seasons. This is the second year in a row Jackson has been traded at the Winter Meetings.
The Kitty's receive four players: starter Max Scherzer, relievers Daniel Schlereth and Phil Coke, and center fielder Austin Jackson. The Kitty's get five years of Scherzer, six of Schlereth, five of Coke, and six of Jackson, potentially 22 years of control in total. Scherzer, 25, and Jackson, 23 in February, are probably considered the prizes of the haul.;
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Yankees Re-Sign Andy Pettitte
By Tim Dierkes [December 9, 2009 at 12:26pm CST]
12:26pm: The deal is official, tweets Sherman.

10:13am: Sherman says the Yankees re-signed Pettitte for one year and $11.75MM. The Yanks have certainly accomplished their early-offseason goals. Pettitte was one of the better free agent starters available, though he wasn't really available to other teams.

9:40am: Newsday's Ken Davidoff sees the deal being for about $11.5MM, and believes it will be finished in the next day or two. Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets that the exact number is $11.75MM.

9:11am: The Yankees are closing in on a deal with Andy Pettitte for about $12MM, tweets SI's Jon Heyman. He says the contract will be finalized today.;
__________________________________________________________________________________________
DH options:
Johnny Damon
Hedeki Matsui
Juan Miranda
Jermaine Dye

Presently Miranda is the favored one

https://ttnept.forumotion.com

2Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Empty Re: Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:09 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

Feelings on the WS:

Now that it has sunk in, this team was really fun to watch, and should always be remembered for their unity. From the A ROD alligations, to the A ROD Hip injury, to Ramiro Pena, to Brett Gardner's insode the park HR, and the walkoffs, the pies, the music, and of course the winning it all in the now home, this is truely a historic team

3Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Empty Re: Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:10 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

Feelings on Granderson:
I'm torn. For the past couple of years I I heard was A JAX this and AJAX that. Now he's gone. Well, I'm also happy that I got another player I like, Curt Granderson. Good luck in CF for us Curtis. You will be great.

4Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Empty Re: Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:10 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

Feelings on the Pettitte:

Umm.. YOu expected him to retire? I'm not surprized here. Welcome Back Andy. Just make sure the signiture is legible next time.

5Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Empty Re: Catch UP: WS;Granderson;Pettitte;DH Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:11 pm

Kevlar

Kevlar
Admin
Admin

DH:

My prediction: Juan Miranda.

Why?
He is a young player with heart, who wants to be in a Yankees uniform. Also, he's a good hitter. Give him the shot, he reminds me of Cano with his bat.

LINE UP PROJECTION:
Jeter
Granderson
Tex
A ROD
Cano
Posada
Swisher
Cabrera
Miranda

MIRANDA PROJECTION:
.280 Ave, 20 HRs 80 RBI's 20-25 SB in 140 + games.
100+ at DH
40+ at a defensive position

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum